christmas background

Sunday, October 7, 2012

The beginning of an era

Remember when I said my life has been very void of milestones for a while? Well I, and everyone who watched general conference, just became a part of a huge one for our church(check my believe tab)!!!! Heaven sent, I'm still in shock.

I had been planning on serving a mission for a while now. I turn 21 in May, and so I was planning on turning my papers in in February. Now all high school graduate boys can go at 18(used to be 19) and all girls can go at 19(used to be 21)!!! I've been contemplating on not going to school next semester and leaving earlier, or start my papers sooner but complete the school year.

 Immediately at the announcement, this was the odds for my choice
     - 99%:leaving ASAP, 1%: stick to original plans.
Right after that session was over:
      -65%:leaving ASAP, 35%: stick to original plans.
After talking to my mom my original plans gained 5%
After talking to my R.A. who is an R.M.
25%: leaving ASAP, 85% start my papers ASAP but finish out the school year.

And that is what I believe I will do. I need to keep my head on my shoulders through all of this and not sprint straight for the MTC. I watched the Press Conference Elder Holland and Nelson held directly after the session, and Elder Holland said that he wants the missionaries more prepared ahead of time than ever. I have a lot of reading in Preach My Gospel to do.

But what I want you to know about this day more than anything else, is that I have a firm testimony that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true church. I love my Savior and Redeemer, Christ so much. 
 I want to serve a mission not because I'm going on 21 without any marriage prospects or impending career goals. I want to serve a mission, because I have a burning inside me that is filled with light and joy. Everyone deserves the chance to know what it feels like, what I'm feeling now, to know that you are an Eternal being. That you are sons and daughters of a King, a GOD. Everything that I am, every fiber, is converted to the truth that my Heavenly Father knows and loves me and all of his children. 

If you are reading this, know that as I'm writing I'm not only smiling from cheek to cheek, but from flesh to soul. 

No comments:

Post a Comment