christmas background

Sunday, October 28, 2012

A glimpse into the future

So at the HOWL Halloween party tonight,
I had my tarot cards read for the first time.
I know, I know sketch.
But seriously though, it was cool.
Their are four cards, one for past, present, future, and personal life.

My past card was justice. But it was upside down meaning that I've
been dealing with something that has been done wrong to me that
I haven't been able to let go for some time ....hmmm.

My present was a king of some sort.
It represented a powerful male influence in my life
who had control over me and could help me in financial aspects.

My personal life card was the devil...oooo upside down.
Supposedly when he's upside down this means that there
is a problem, something plaguing me, but I already know
how to fix it, and will be able to.

My future card was judgement. Meaning that all of the
problems I've been facing will be lifted up and resolved.

Being applied all together, the male figure in my life will be able
to help me, and I will be able to relieve the problems I've been having
and have resolution.

This seems very vague and applicable to anything.
But to me, and the problem that I had focused on,
and the decision I was questioning whether to make,
it couldn't have been more specific. 

Oh and here's a picture taken from my web cam of me before leaving to the party

Friday, October 26, 2012

Written Paths

The more I try to be the author of my own fate, the more I realize that I'm merely an editor. I can make small adjustments, but the story has already been written. I keep thinking of things that I desperately want, and imagine I need. But I don't. There is one thing I will always need, and that's spiritual growth.

I can see myself missing small revelations the further I go into a path that I believe is mine to trod. And then It's a corn maze with a dead end. Why didn't I see this before? Is it because I didn't want to see it? If I had only picked up the map they handed out at the beginning, maybe I could have foreseen this. But there's no way to navigate through a corn maze with your eyes closed. Just like there is no way to stay on God's path if you refuse to listen, even when it's the silly simple things. They matter.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

I nominate the Grinch!

Just kidding. But I have been nominated for the the Liebster award!
I'm seriously flattered. My friend Allie nominated me for this great thing! So here's how it works. 

A LIEBSTER is a German word meaning dearest, sweetest, cutest. The award is given to up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. 

The rules: -Tell 11 things about yourself.
- Answer the questions the nominator asked, and create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
- Go to their page and tell them. 
- No tag-backs. 

1. I hate Ginger jokes.
2. I adore the rain.
3. I adore Washington State and have family in Twilight territory.
4. I own a Claddagh ring.
5. I love my big band swing class.
6. Elephants are my favorite animal thanks to the Secret Garden.
7.  My favorite Bath and Body Works scent is dark kiss...mmm.
8. I'm a tutor.
9. I want to write a book someday about a genius idea I've had. And no I won't tell anyone until it's written.
10. I love fall and everything about it. 
11. I'm dying to go on a hayride.

Allie's Questions
1. What are you most afraid of? I'm most afraid of losing a loved one.

2. What moment would you go back and re-live again and again if you could? Anytime during the summer of 2010 would be wonderful.

3. What is your biggest pet peeve? It's not necessarily a pet peeve as much as an irritation I hate when people try to take advantage of me..or others. 

4. If you could eat one food EVERY day ALL day long, what would it be? Chocolate Molten Cake. mmmm

5. Which TV show do you never get sick of? How I Met Your Mother. Or Vampire Diaries. Pick your poison ;)

6. Yes or No - Do you like Honey Boo Boo Child? Oh my yes. She's like sunshine on a cloudy day.

7. When was the last time that you laughed so hard that you started to cry? Yesterday practically. We played a sort of charade/imitation game and watching a shy little freshman pucker his lips and shake his tail feathers did for me. I had a headache from laughing to give you an idea haha

8. What talent do you wish you had or were better at? Anything athletic. Probably basketball. 

9. Which popular song do your friends and family love, but that you can't stand? It used to be Call Me Maybe...

10. What is your dream vacation? Oh as if I haven't proclaimed this before..IRELAND!! And Scotland. I have this dream of standing on the Cliffs of Moher with my arms back Titanic style and a boys arms around me. As far as Scotland goes obviously The Edinburgh Castle, but less famous, the Isle of Skye Fairy Pools. 
11. What would your ultimate dream Halloween costume be? I'd have a high class outfit from the early 20th century complete with a large hat with a wrap around scarf connected Garnder Village has just what I'm looking for.
So My Questions...
1. In a perfect world, where do you see yourself in 10 years?
2. What makes you tick?
3. Favorite season? For fashion?
4. Night owl or early bird?
5. Favorite Author?
6. Favorite Holiday tradition?
7. Peaches or Nectarines?
8. What color is your toothbrush Do you dance?
9. What is the number one quality you seek for in a companion?
10. What is your most cherished possesion?
11. If you could follow anyone around for a day without them knowing who would it be?

And I nominate these lovely blogs (you know you want to read them!)

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Nitty Gritty Awesomeness

So things are getting pretty awesome around here.
First off, I started my papers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you know how long I have waited to be able to say that?
Heaven sent it's wonderful.

Getting down to the nitty gritty(nacho!) is a little less fun but still exciting.
Right now I'm figuring out how to have my wisdom teeth taken out in the least
expensive way possible. I signed up online to be contacted for Dr. Jean Brown research
which would pay me for my teeth! Crazy if it works out crossing my fingers.

So yesterday Stephanie and I were talking. Fall is my favorite season,
and this will be my last one for a while. So I came up with an idea,
a brilliant idea. Let's go to a haunted house?

Now Steph's funny when it comes to haunted houses. We could have driven
twenty minutes to one in the canyon. But she deemed that too scary.
So I convinced her to drive to Ogden instead! Mini road trip!

Right as we pulled up, two ladies were getting out of their car
(we were the only customers around). They were visiting from Texas.
Funny enough they were a brunette and red-head pair like Steph and I.

So we opted to stick together. Being the only customers(it had been raining) we got the entire experience. We could go as slow or as fast as we wanted, and all of the characters were focused on us.
My favorite part was the hick who said I looked like Shakira. haha.
Afterwards we chatted with the Adams Family up front for a while and took pictures (I'll get them from Steph).
All, in all, it was a wonderful spontaneous trip.

Sunday, October 7, 2012

The beginning of an era

Remember when I said my life has been very void of milestones for a while? Well I, and everyone who watched general conference, just became a part of a huge one for our church(check my believe tab)!!!! Heaven sent, I'm still in shock.

I had been planning on serving a mission for a while now. I turn 21 in May, and so I was planning on turning my papers in in February. Now all high school graduate boys can go at 18(used to be 19) and all girls can go at 19(used to be 21)!!! I've been contemplating on not going to school next semester and leaving earlier, or start my papers sooner but complete the school year.

 Immediately at the announcement, this was the odds for my choice
     - 99%:leaving ASAP, 1%: stick to original plans.
Right after that session was over:
      -65%:leaving ASAP, 35%: stick to original plans.
After talking to my mom my original plans gained 5%
After talking to my R.A. who is an R.M.
25%: leaving ASAP, 85% start my papers ASAP but finish out the school year.

And that is what I believe I will do. I need to keep my head on my shoulders through all of this and not sprint straight for the MTC. I watched the Press Conference Elder Holland and Nelson held directly after the session, and Elder Holland said that he wants the missionaries more prepared ahead of time than ever. I have a lot of reading in Preach My Gospel to do.

But what I want you to know about this day more than anything else, is that I have a firm testimony that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true church. I love my Savior and Redeemer, Christ so much. 
 I want to serve a mission not because I'm going on 21 without any marriage prospects or impending career goals. I want to serve a mission, because I have a burning inside me that is filled with light and joy. Everyone deserves the chance to know what it feels like, what I'm feeling now, to know that you are an Eternal being. That you are sons and daughters of a King, a GOD. Everything that I am, every fiber, is converted to the truth that my Heavenly Father knows and loves me and all of his children. 

If you are reading this, know that as I'm writing I'm not only smiling from cheek to cheek, but from flesh to soul.