christmas background

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Day 4: Sweet Sixteen

There are so many things that I can think of that I would love to go back and tell my sixteen year old self. When I first think of what to say, I think of warnings; warnings that could stop some of the biggest fits of heartache I've yet encountered. But I don't want to stop them, because the strength I gained, and the wisdom I acquired from those moments, are pivotal to who I am today. Still, I could have fared with a small warning or two, so here goes.

1. You know who you are, let her shine.
2. Keep your scripture study habits, they make such a difference.
3. Boys and dates are not the world, there's plenty of time for that.
4. Serve others.
5. Have faith in your family, everything will be alright.
6. You have A.D.D. , medicate it.
7. Hold on to the good friendships that you have, and when others hurt you, consider it an opportunity to start anew with even better friends.
8. Keep moving forward.
9. Promise yourself to work hard in college.
10. Be prepared for heartbreak. He's not the one.

No comments:

Post a Comment