christmas background

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Day 3: The old folks and I

My relationship with my parents....
My mom is the best person I've ever known. She also happens to misunderstand me more than ever these days. I still cuddle with her, and sit on her lap, the way she always wanted to with her mom. But she is on my case if I ever seek to give her guidance. There is a lot of role confusion to say the least. Even with distress and tension, I love her more than words. I wish to be more like her. Her biggest weakness, is that she gives too much to others and not enough to herself.


With my father, things are better than they've been in a very long time. He's come through some really hard trials, and put himself in a place where we can communicate and bond. He's trying harder than ever to connect with me. He sends me packages in the mail, and will give me anything his small amounts of money will permit. I love him very much, and am proud of how far he's come.



No comments:

Post a Comment