christmas background

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Baby you're a firework!

So...There's this boy. His name is Brock. You might remember him if you check out my "put your hand over your heart" post. So...I asked him on a date!

Now normally this wouldn't be a big deal for me. Asking boys on dates never phases me; except this one. I had to cross from the chapel area to the podium area where he was playing the piano. I couldn't do it I got close and then turned around. Thankfully my friend Brett knew what I was doing and gave me an encouraging gesture to go up there. So I asked him. And he said yes. Phase one complete.

Phase two would be the planning. Originally it was only going to be me and him watching bands play at aggiefest. The day before my friend at dinner noticed I was quiet-reason being that I was stressed at the lack of plans and people involved. When I explained this concern to her she offered help for ideas. This ended up turning into her asking a boy she had liked to join us the night before. We got our other friend and her bf to join us and voila-triple date! We made plans and I finally started to get excited. Phase two complete.

So now for the most important phase of all... THE DATE!!! I was very excited/nervous/twitterpated beforehand. It helped that we all went to the store together to get food, check out games, and make the cheesecake. I picked up Brock from his dorm in Merrill Hall (where I'll be living next year). After wards we walked to the quad where we were supposed to meet everyone else. We walked around for a while, he climbed a tree, and then decided to call everyone else. We then proceeded to the street concert to check out some of the bands; nothing too exciting. I then look at the fieldhouse (on campus rec center) and point to the scaling ivy surrounding a second story window. I say, "This would be the perfect place to reenact the balcony scene for Romeo and Juliet." As I say this I run towards it only to slide three feet, fly in the air, slide and fall on my butt (there's the tracks in the mud to prove it). What a great way to start the date right? Falling on your butt and getting muddy.

When we get to the towers he helped me grab all my stuff from my room to make a blanket fort! The fort was a success and we played taboo boys against girls. It was so fun. Brock and I kept trying to distract each other by tickling, talking pushing, etc. I kept saying words you can't say...I think he got a kick out of that. Then we ate. Dinner was great. I got to know him really well. I told him that I had been swimming since I was 18 months and was in a Swiss documentary. He didn't believe me, so I called my mom and they talked lol. I was slightly off I was actually 6 months and it was a Finnish documentary.

 After dinner, it was time to hit the street concert for SEAN KINGSTON!! On the way there I linked on to his arm. We did hopscotch still linked together. It was great :). Next thing you know we are holding hands.....EEK :). I spin him around the tree and he spins me around the pole. We dance still hand in hand. Then we get close enough to get pictures of Sean Kingston. When we find the group we dance some more. Guys he can JERK!! And when he jerks he smiles and it's sooo cute!!. The whole time we danced the only place he would look was at me. Sometimes we would look at eachother for elongated periods of time until my butterflies built up to much and I had to look away.

Then out of no where fireworks start shooting up from the field behind us. We turn and our hands find eachother and intertwine. Then I put my head on his shoulder and can't stop smiling :). We danced a little longer and then headed back to the towers holding hands still :).

We had to put away the fort before going to the antics. While waiting for the others to come up he played the piano. He's amazing. Then he had me play even though I seriously am terrible. When I started singing along he switched sides so he could watch me sing. He told me I was really good which coming from him made me feel great. Then we waited on the couch where we sat real close and comfy ;-).

The Antics are a comedy improv group a lot like what you see on who's line is it anyway. It was lots of fun and quite hilarious. "Godzilla didn't wear no pants so why should I wear pants?" "Godzilla had scales." "So do I the doctor says it's 100% original!" Afterwords we were in the car and it was cold so I told him to sit close and grabbed his arm. Then he said, "Here this will be better." and put his arm around me :). Then I took him home and Phase 3 and the best date in my college history is complete.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Chandice, that sounds so fun :) i'm quite happy for you!

    ReplyDelete