christmas background

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Me? A composer??

So anyone who plays the piano (or any instrument for that matter) can relate when I say that playing the piano is therapy. It's channeling your feelings from the inside to out without having to utter a word. I'm not much of a pianist, but I'm teaching myself. Lately instead of playing the notes on the page, I've let my hands take over. I feel that true expression has finally become part of my playing. I never remember any of the notes, but every time I play I discover something new.

 I've had an idea for a song. I have written lyrics before, but this time I want to go the whole nine yards and actually compose the music too. The pressure of making it just how I want has kept the song on the tip of my tongue, but I know what I want to call it- "Hard Things". It will express what I wrote in my last blog post, but in a much better way. I think that this will be the thing that pushes me forward. I've already began to step..I just need a push.

No comments:

Post a Comment