christmas background

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The perks of married men

Sometimes marriage ruins a friendship.
But sometimes it doesn't.
I have a couple of really good guy friends.
I'm lucky enough to still be friends with them,
even after they are married.
And I cherish their friendship so very much because
with marriage or serious relationships, I know that
they have no angle or gain behind treating me well other
than to be my friend.

I found an old letter from one of my guy friends
from freshman year.
"I ache and yearn to see the fire in your eyes again."
It amazes that a person could care this much.
To be honest I do, but I've never considered others
maybe caring for me as well in a strictly platonic manner.

He still is in my life, and has been married for six months.

Another of my friends asked if he could possibly name his child
after me.
He then told me that boys are blind, and if any guy is looking for
the perfect girl, he'd only have to find me.

It's moments like these that remind me why
I have been single for so long, and why I will
be for a long while,
because I have so much growing to do,
if I am ever to deserve a guy as wonderful
as these men.

Real men see the good in all women,
not just the ones they are trying to court.
And they will make the most wonderful friends.

I am blessed.




No comments:

Post a Comment