christmas background

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Back to my roots

While in Wyoming, I was able to go to Fort Bridger.
If you are LDS, then there is a slight possibility that you
have heard of it (I hadn't). If you aren't then you might
have heard of it for its military camp purposes.

In any event, my designated friend and tour guide
and I walked around the grounds to see what
Fort Bridger was about.

It was fun to see all of the old Army houses
and old buildings.

To my surprise Fort Bridger was a place
the Mormon Pioneers stayed for years
until they were pushed out by the
government. When I read this my
heart just burned for these pioneers.
These were people who were willing
to give up everything to be able to
worship in their religion,
the religion that I am a part of.

My eyes welled up reading the history.
I am forever grateful to these brave souls.
I don't know what I would without the gospel
in my life.
I'm proud to be a Mormon.

How much are you willing to give up
for the things that are most important to you?

What is most important to you?

The cobble stone wall built by the mormons


No comments:

Post a Comment